Healthy Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies for Two is our “go to” recipe for a quick treat! With no processed sugar, added protein, and only 1 Tablespoon of oil, this treat is perfectly portioned for just two people to enjoy without guilt! They are healthier than most breakfast muffins, so that means… you could… potentially… eat these any time of the day. Right? 😀
Bonus: These Healthy Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies for Two are one of our “mug ‘n fork” recipes, because we often whip it up with only a mug and a fork in just a couple minutes!
Grab your mug or cereal bowl and give these a try!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies for Two
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tbsp Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil Melted Coconut Oil or Butter
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Almond Meal
- 4 tsp Gluten Free Flour Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1, Namaste, or King Arthur Multi-Purpose
- 1/2 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (1/2 of a 36g scoop - we used Purely Inspired
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Mini Chocolate Chips 3-4 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- In a small bowl or mug, whisk together the first 5 wet ingredients.
- Add the next 5 ingredients, whisking briskly after each ingredient is added.
- Add chocolate chips!
- Use mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon to scoop into 6 small cookies onto a silicone baking sheet or greased cookie sheet.*
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until the edge are just barely golden and cookies are set.
*Dough will be stretchy, thinner than normal cookie dough, and more like a thick batter. The dough should spread slightly when you scoop it onto the cookie sheet. Texture is everything with this dough- since the dough doesn't usually spread much more while baking, so if the dough is spreading thinner than you prefer (if you like cakier cookies), add just a little more GF flour.
Some other fun additions to these Healthy Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies for Two that you could try:
- Substitute 1 Tbsp of GF flour for Oats for an oatmeal version
- Chocolate Protein Powder instead of Vanilla
- Coconut flakes
If you want to get really fancy with your healthified dessert, serve these cookies with Banana Peanut Butter Nice Cream! (also quick, easy, delicious, and healthy… do you see a pattern here? lol) We’d love to hear how these Healthy Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies for Two go for you! Or, if you’d like another healthy gluten-free protein recipe, check out our favorite fluffy gluten free protein pancakes!