Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cake is the perfect complement to your morning cup of coffee. (Yes, please!!)
The crazy thing is that this Healthy Banana Breakfast Cake is SO easy to make and guilt-free. It’s my alternative to my usual morning bowl of oats when I’m craving something that feels more “indulgent” (there’s something special about biting into a freshly-baked treat).
I can feel good knowing that it is just as healthy as my morning oats (and has extra protein to boot), but all the flavor and delicate crumb that I crave with my morning cup of coffee!
Busy morning? I love to make this Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cake at the beginning of the week (or the evening before a full day) and keep it in the fridge. I just pop a piece in the microwave for a few seconds, drizzle with natural peanut butter, and voila! Perfect for a grab and go breakfast on a busy morning.
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cake
- 1 cup Oatmeal Certified Gluten Free if needed, pulsed in food processor to make a coarse flour
- 1 36g scoop Vanilla Protein Powder* a little over 1/3 cup measured
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Banana mashed
- 1/4 cup All Natural Peanut Butter or nut butter of preference
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or your milk of choice
- 2 tbsp Applesauce
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla omit if using vanilla protein
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Add Raisins & walnuts if desired my favorite combo, but check out the other suggestions below
- *we currently use Purely Inspired organic vegetable based protein powder but we’ve use whey protein in this recipe before too.
- 1. In small bowl whisk together first 5 dry ingredients.
- 2. Blend the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl with electric mixer or vigorously stirring for a few minutes.
- 3. Combine dry ingredients with wet and mix until smooth, a minute or two.
- 4. Pour into greased 8×8 pan and smooth.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- 6. Drizzle with peanut butter (my favorite) or maple syrup and enjoy!
Other add ins you might want to try instead of raisins and walnuts:
- Chocolate chips
- Dried cherries
- Chocolate protein powder
- Dried unsweetened coconut flakes
Let me know if you give this Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cake a try! There are endless possibilities for how you could change up the flavor profile, but this is my “go-to” version. I’d love to hear of any new twists that you come up with too!
If you are feeling inspired and want more gluten free health-i-fied recipes, check out my favorite Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two and these amazing Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakes!