Double Chocolate Protein Cookies for Two. Because sometimes you just need MORE chocolate. 😀 This month I’ve been on a double chocolate kick. Yep. And I’m not feeling bad about it, thanks to this recipe!
Although I feel totally comfortable with a little indulgence here and there when we’re out or traveling, I try to keep even our treats pretty “clean” when we’re at home. For me, that means avoiding processed sugar, dairy, wheat and anything pre-prepared or overly processed.
This Double Chocolate Protein Cookie recipe is my standard when I’m craving chocolate because it’s grain-free, processed sugar free, perfectly portioned for two people AND:
- Quick (cookies in less than 10 mins)
- Easy (I mix these up in a coffee mug with a fork)
- Super indulgent and chocolate-y (just look at the pictures!)
- … did I mention QUICK!
So, without further ado… grab your mug or cereal bowl and give this recipe a spin!
Double Chocolate Protein Cookies for Two
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tbsp Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil or Coconut Oil melted
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Maple
- 1 Tbsp Almond Meal
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1/2 of 36g scoop Vanilla Protein Powder currently using Purely Inspired French Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips ~3-4 Tbsp
- Optional: 2 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350f.
- 2. In a small bowl or mug, whisk together the first 5 wet ingredients.
- 3. Add the next 5 ingredients, whisking briskly after each ingredient is added.*
- 4. Add chocolate chips!
- 5. On silicone cookie sheet or greased pan, spoon out 2 large cookies or use mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon to scoop into 6 small cookies.*
- 6. Bake for 6-8 minutes until cookies are set.
*Dough will be stretchy, more like a thick batter. The dough should spread slightly when you scoop it onto the cookie sheet. Texture is everything with this dough- since the dough doesn't usually spread much more while baking, so if the dough is spreading thinner than you prefer (if you like cakier cookies), add just a little more almond meal. I usually scoop my cookies and tap the pan until they're the thickness that I prefer.
These are some additions that you may want to try:
- White Chocolate Chips
- Pecans or Walnuts
- Peanut Butter Chips (what whaaat?)
- Chocolate Protein powder instead of vanilla for triple the chocolate!
If you haven’t already, check out my original Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two , click this link to get this classic recipe! It was the inspiration for these Double Chocolate Protein Cookies for Two! 🙂
New posts every Tuesday and Friday!