Gluten Free Banana Streusel Bread is my favorite banana bread recipe! I created this recipe after making the “glutinous” original version of Banana Streusel Bread for my husband’s office at the start of the school year. It smelled so good when I was baking for Dave’s office so I knew I had to make a Gluten Free version as well!
Disclaimer: this recipe is not “healthy” (like most of my other recipes) since this one uses sugar, but it’s my plan to create a healthier and processed-sugar free version soon! If that interests you as well, please leave me a comment below!
Gluten Free Banana Streusel Bread
- 1 ⅓ cups Gluten Free King Arthur Multi-Purpose Flour other favorite brands I've used are Namaste and Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1, most affordable from Costco or Sam's Club
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted (or 3 Tbsp oil + 3 Tbsp apple sauce)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375f.
- 2. Lightly grease 12 muffin pan cups* (see my comment at the end about making a large loaf)
- 3. In a large bowl, mix together first 5 (dry) ingredients.
- 4. In another bowl, beat together the bananas and remaining 6 ingredients.
- 5. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
- 6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 7. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon.
- 8. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal (you can use a fork or your fingers to lightly combine to create the crumbly mixture).
- 9. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- *You could try making this recipe into a single large loaf, but I’m not sure what the bake time would be since I haven’t tried a large loaf version yet. If you want to try it, I would suggest monitoring it carefully after 30 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick, and covering the top loosely with a piece of foil if the loaf is getting too dark before the center is finished baking.
This Gluten Free Banana Streusel Bread was amazing! The whole house smelled SO good while these were baking and the results did not disappoint! The texture and crumb was perfectly fluffy and tender, with a subtle sweetly spiced flavor!
These are a few other add ins you may want to try:
- Chocolate chips
- Raisins or dried berries
I’m sure you can think of other creative additions to these Gluten Free Banana Streusel Bread muffins! Have fun with these!!
If you love banana bread, then you will definitely want to make these. They are the perfect size to take on the go, or sit and have a few with coffee.
Don’t forget, you’ll want a muffin tin/pan on hand and possibly a cooling rack. Let us know how yours’ turned out below!