2 Week Summer Packing List
Packing light frees me up to enjoy active travels and days of adventure with less hassle! Here is a list of what I packed for our 2 week trip to Italy during the middle of the Summer heat- all in a small backpack!
- 5 Pairs Underwear
- 3 Bras Neutral colors, 1 classic, 1 strapless, 1 sports
- 3 Pairs Socks 2 lightweight footies & 1 warm pair for the airplane
- 4 Tops (plus the top that I would wear for traveling)
- 2 Pairs Shorts Jean shorts and a lightweight black pair for hiking
- 3 Dresses Lightweight materials
- 1 Camisole Neutral
- 1 Swimsuit
- Rain Jacket, lightweight This can also be used as a windbreaker on cool evenings or a long flight.
- 2 Scarves, lightweight Handy for keeping your hair up on a hot day and also to cover your shoulders if a historic site or cathedral require this before entering (common in Italy).
- 1 Pair Sandals, comfortable for walking (wear your 2nd pair of shoes during travel)
- 1 Shampoo Soap Bar Multi-purpose washing bar perfect for compact travels! I purchased the Chagrin Valley shampoo bar from Whole Foods store. It even worked great for washing clothes.
- Sunscreen, mineral sunscreen stick Choosing a stick over liquid helps avoid any leaks in my bag.
- Makeup Removing Towel I love re-usable microfiber makeup removal towels. Rinse it out at night and it will be dry by the morning!
- Toiletries / Makeup Bag Such as: BB cream, mascara, eye pencil, concealer, lip color, lip balm, hair ties, hair pins, tweezers, razor, & floss (toothpaste/brush kept in my front backpack pocket to be within reach)
- Vitamins and Supplements Traveling can tax our immune systems, so don't forget this!
- Travel Wallet Just large enough to fit my license, money, and credit card. We carried our passports in a concealed passport pouch.
- 1 Guide Book or Dictionary
- 1 Printed Itinerary or Map Include the address and phone numbers of any lodging destinations- in case you were to lose your phone and needed a printed reference
- Copy of Passport It's a good idea to have a backup copy stored separate from your real passport (just in case)
- Other Small Items Items that I put in the front pocket of my bag to easily access: toothbrush, toothpaste, mini essential oil packets, hand sanitizing packets, my dental retainers, a sleeping mask, a bag for trash or dirty laundry, & snacks